An example integration of a Website as a CSRB based distributed website.
This project demonstrates the function of the CSRB Network as a website service provider with
the following characteristics:
- OBJECT based file/asset storage
- Direct hosting/ownership of website data
- Integrated CDN features
This website's files hosted at a CSRB Node running on:
Example CSRBwebsite load times benchmark, while onboard a train, with the following setup:
- Nexus 5, located in UK, running CSRBnode storing the CSRBwebsite files, connected to a CSRBrouter (located in Germany)
via a WiFi link to a 3G Phone Hotspot.
- Laptop, located in UK, running Firefox, connected via a WiFi link to a 3G Phone Hotspot,
accessing an OpenBSD nginx server (located in Germany) that runs CSRBvfsFUSE
that is connected to a CSRBrouter (located in Germany).
The effective communication path steps for an HTTP request is:
- [HTTP] Browser (Laptop)
- [HTTP] WiFi
- [HTTP] 3G Hotspot (Phone)
- [HTTP] UK-> INTERNET ->GERMANY
- [HTTP] Webserver (Server 1)
- [CSRB] CSRBvfsFUSE (Server 1)
- [CSRB] Datacentre LAN
- [CSRB] CSRBrouter (Server 2)
- [CSRB] GERMANY-> INTERNET ->UK
- [CSRB] 3G Hotspot (Phone)
- [CSRB] WiFi
- [CSRB] CSRBnode (Nexus 5)
- ... and the reverse ...
- All CSRB Nodes are connected to a Germany based CSRBrouter, and accessed via a separate Germany based OpenBSD Web Gateway CSRB server using a tweaked OpenBSD httpd (to reduce file buffering) over CSRBfs over CSRBvfsFUSE.
- Caching is not enabled so all files are retrieved from the target device.
- Being a prototype under development, parallel data/file accessing has been disabled and all transfers are done one-at-a-time.
- The Canada based VPS provided is unreliable and switches OFF at random times, so it might be unreachable some times.
- The Android based nodes some times might take a while to start responding (it's most probably some Android Sleep Mode issue).
- The Nexus 5 node is mobile so some times it might have very bad signal/connection or be off-network completely.
- Fonts make up 50-75% of the pages' data tranfer!